Friday, July 8, 2011

Someone else's trash became my Treasure:)

Fact number 1: I love altering and making/creating things.
Fact number 2: My husband is a garage sale/thrifting guru. When you are married to someone who has this gift of finding "treasures" among "trash", you have no choice but to participate in the journey.

So at the end of this school year I had to move classrooms (mind you I had already moved mid year). I guess you could say I'm like a traveling gypsy.  My new classroom has a perfect spot under the telephone for a small shelf.  It only took 2 Saturday's to come across the perfect fitting shelf for my room which happened to look like this:



Don't you just love the sponged on tan and blues? mmmm good looking
Scored this one for 2 whole dollars:)

So after casting forth vision, here's what I decided to do with it.
bright blue, black and white plus some hot pink...
now that's more like it

 I am quite obsessed with the top

 Oh hey cool frame from Hobby Lobby

 the black strips are....chalkboard!!! quotes, words, phrases, doodles

I love these blocks. great for list making
or if I feel generous, letting the students draw on my teacher shelf 

Now head on over to 



and check out some more trash to treasure creations.

10 comments:

  1. WONDERFULLLLLLLL love it!!!! Thanks for joining the partay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh yes I love it myself and I wouldn't miss a partay for the world:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How darn cute is this?! Will you come redo some stuff at my house!!!! Sooooo cute, love the colors!! Just found your blog and LOVE! I'm your newest follower:) Would love for you to come visit me:))

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok...I just looked at the post and the word d a r n doesn't look like that:(( looks like a bad word but isn't, I promise!!!

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tara: I know you're not cussen on my blog? lol (kidding) Thanks for stopping by and following the blog. I could totally come help you redo some of your stuff hehehe. Heading over to follow your blog riiiiiight now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I have one of these in my daughter's closet. It's hiding there because it's all chipped up, but I hate to throw things away. I might need to do a makeover. Thanks for the idea!!!

    ♥Rebecca
    Create●Teach●Share

    ReplyDelete
  7. finally getting the chance to sit down and check out your blog...so stinkin' cute! love this! my patience wears thin for furniture projects (I did my kitchen table and i took me 5 days in a row...EXHAUSTING!), but this is great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog and all of your wonderful ideas. E-mail me if you are interested in sharing some of your ideas on a new DIY blog that I am creating.

    rjyoung23@gmail.com
    ♥Rebecca
    Create●Teach●Share

    ReplyDelete
  9. THanks Rebecca, shouting you an email right now

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the color you choose! The stamp/stencil on the top is very cute!!

    ReplyDelete