Monday, July 15, 2013

Monday Made it 7/15/13 and BIG change.

I've been a special educator for the past 7 years. Those 7 years have been spent in a self contained classroom setting teaching students who have behavior and emotional disabilities. This year I had 13 students ranging from K to 4th grade. During the school year I took my Praxis so that I could teach regular education which brings me to my big transition......(drum role please......)
I'm going to be a 1st grade teacher!!!! 
Woop Woop! 

As I have been preparing for this new journey I stumbled upon a $20.00 laminator at Costco and began laminating my life away (wasn't much of a laminator in EC) 
found some cute FREE visual directions from TPT

Then after endless searching of Behavior Clip charts to use for classroom management with a large group of students I found a super cute FREE one from TPT 

Then I busted out my Mr. Sketch markers to give my clothespins a 'watercolor" feel
Going to put their numbers on them and I think I am going to tie pretty ribbons for their "hall of fame" recognition.

I also made myself a wreath for my new classroom.

Be sure to link up at 
and check out all the other awesome teacher creations posted every Monday


  1. I love every.single.craft here!!!

  2. do you remember the link to the visuals? Can't find them and I like these!

    1. Rachel, I can't find those exact ones but here are some other cute ones

  3. So cute!!! Thanks for linking up:) Hope you are doing well:)))

    4th Grade Frolics

    1. thanks...I am doing much better! there was a reason I was mia all last year but now I'm back!

  4. Congrats on the new position! Another teacher is joining our 1st grade team who was a special educator as well :) The wreath is cute... I wish I had a classroom door... we have open pods :-/ BTW - I love having my own mini laminator too ;-) ~Cara Lee

    The Sweet Life of Cara Lee

    1. Thanks Cara!I'm following you on bloglovin! woop woop

  5. I love that design for the clip chart! Good luck in 1st!!!

    Simply 2nd Resources

  6. Congratulations! One of my best friends made the change from sped to gen Ed a couple of years ago and we had another teacher do it last year (also to first). I'm happy for you that you get to be where you really want.

    room 4 imagination

  7. I would love to know who created those visual direction cards you were laminating!

    Sunny In Kindergarten.